Salalah Methanol Company LLC (SFZ) is 90% owned by Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C. and the remaining 10% by Takamul Investment Company, SAOC and operates state of the art methanol plant with capacity of 3000 metric tons per day located at Salalah Free Zone and in operation since 2010. The company is looking for dynamic talents to be part of its highly committed team, and part of the Omani flagship model of excellence that is contributing to the sustainable development of the Sultanate of Oman in all aspects. As a part of its development project, Salalah Methanol intends to build an ammonia plant and The Company wishes to recruit the qualified personnel to fill the below mentioned vacant position:
Fast Track Your Career with an Industry Leader
Project Finance Specialist
- Ensure that project financial information is captured and reported consistently
- Prepare and manage budget commitments on a life of project timeline; use task-based budgeting; track total open cost obligations; and ensure implementation plans are consistently reconciled with the project budget.
- Prepare periodic reports and analysis as requested.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports; presents recommendations for programmatic and fiscal changes to Project Management.
- Handle and coordinate with external and internal auditors.
- Development and implementation of internal control mechanisms in order to mitigate financial risks and strengthen internal controls for project.
- Co-ordinates with Company's Finance Department for Projects accounting, financial records and control activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and auditing standards.
- Be familiar with the project finance documentations and implement systems required; interface with the lenders as required.
- Notify and assist Company's Insurance Focal Point to maintain adequate insurance coverage for all project assets and personnel and other risks identified by the project's broker and handles insurance claims. Develops, implements, interprets, and coordinates the application of finance, accounting, billing, and audit procedures in reference to existing policies and company's guidelines.
Establishes and maintains financial records systems in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and accounting principles in consultation with Company's Finance Department.
- Functionally reporting to Project Director & administratively to Head of Finance
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitative or Science field.
- Recognized qualification like ACA/ ACMA/ ACCA/ CIMA/CFA or equivalent is desirable.
- IFRS, US-GAAP and SOX certification is preferable, PMP will be an added value.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in leading project finance roles in large-scale projects with multinational organizations.
- To have Expert/professional experience on MS Office Suite specifically Excel with hands-on Financial Modeling deep Control.