Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
It’s fair to say there’s no average day for an Indirect Tax Senior – so you’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you’re working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice, upon which they can always rely. To make that happen, you’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
You should have the ability to analyse an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights as well as identify potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients.
As part of this role, you’ll be learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor & developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients’ tax activities.
You are also going to research our clients’ business operations and build long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs. In addition to the above, you’ll be supervising a motivated team of professionals, guaranteeing they have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to reach their full potential.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
- Professional knowledge in a broad range of sales and local tax processes, concepts and tools
- A proven record of excellence in a professional services or tax organization
- Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
- An achieved or partially achieved CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation or possess the ability to sit for or be a member of a state bar
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical knowledge experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, you get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
EY Careers site
Visit the to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.